Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia Dry Body Oil

I guess I was asleep at the switch. I didn't realize that Jo Malone had introduced a dry oil in English Pear & Freesia ($65). When I found out, my credit card jumped out of my wallet at lightning speed. I love dry oils, and I love Jo Malone's English Pear & Freesia fragrance. It was a natural for me.

English Pear & Freesia is a fruity floral with a burst of King William Pear in its top notes. White freesia (always one of the most fragrant flowers in a bouquet) is among the scent’s heart notes. Amazingly, its dry-down includes patchouli, white amber, and musk. I don't smell the patchouli, which I normally despise. I do smell the musk.

This luxurious, moisturizing oil scents the skin and is silky to the touch. The innovative, light texture is said to be ideal for warm weather - in my mind any weather. Dry oil hydrates the skin, but is dry to the touch. This one leaves behind nothing slick that would interfere with clothing, just lovely, scented hydration.

Given that "dry oil" is a relatively odd term, you might be wondering, "How can an oil be dry?" A dry oil is an oil that has been rendered almost free of water, contaminants, and impurities. Most dry oils for skin care are absorbed rapidly and don't leave you feeling sticky or greasy. A few do - but not this one. If you like English Pear & Freesia, you might want to look for this dry body oil.

You can find Jo Malone online and at department store counters everywhere.

Photo courtesy of Jo Malone