Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bobbi Brown Makeover at Neiman Marcus

With a little camera shake, Miss Brahms took this photo of Brooks Spencer, me, and Sarah Lavache (left to right) at Neiman Marcus at Tysons Galleria this afternoon. So, it's a little fuzzy! You never have wrinkles when the photo is out of focus (she says with a big smile). I see that my nose caught the sun from the skylight. Hmm...not in love with my nose - wish it weren't spotlighted. You have to look great standing next to Bobbi's beauties.

What fun I had! I don't really have time to give you the full run-down on the makeup Brooks and Sarah selected and applied. I will this weekend when I update you on my purchases. I have worked with Sarah before, and I adore her. She is so good at color choices, that I will always defer to her selections.

I'm pretty sure I've crossed paths with Brooks, but she had never selected colors for me. It was a lot of fun to get a fresh perspective. One thing Brooks did that really impressed me - she used Navy Eye Shadow as my liner because I have blue eyes. Her application technique was flawless. She made my eyes pop - green! There are certain colors that can make my eyes "turn" to green. Brooks did it.

Sarah chose some very pretty colors, and she experimented to help me decide that I needed the new Creamy Concealer Kit in Ivory, not Porcelain, which I had selected earlier. She also chose Pretty Pink Metallic Lip color, which I loved.

More about the afternoon later. Remember that InCircle at Neiman Marcus has started. There are many exceptionally nice gifts with purchase. Don't miss out.