Monday, April 18, 2011

Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Rose Platine for Summer 2011

Chanel introduced an inspiring waterproof eyeliner for summer. When I first saw a swatch photo of Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Rose Platine ($29), I wasn't sold. Kathy Shoreman had applied the liner swatch heavily for the photo, and, it appeared to have too much glimmer for my taste. Silly me! When I got my hands on this beauty, I was thrilled. I had to have it.

Chanel describes its waterproof, smudge-proof eyeliner as delivering long-lasting definition with a twist of the wrist: Color winds up when you need it, winds down when you don't. The gentle, soft, silicone-enriched formula delivers smooth, even lining. A built-in sharpener at the opposite end detaches for quick refreshes of the tip.

Two talented women, the Chanel representative, Janine Greenberg, and Kathy Shoreman, at Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria suggested wearing Rose Platine as a fabulous liner under the lower lashes. Were they right!

The photo at right, taken in full sun, shows the shade well. It's a shimmering - but not too shiny - pencil. Remember, sunshine adds its own dose of shimmer to my skin. The name of Rose Platine would lead me to believe the color is a platinum rose. It does not appear to be rose in the tube or on my skin. I'm not sure how its name was derived. It's taupe.

Makeup artists often select a shadow to gently line my eyes on the outer corner under the lower lashes. That's how I've been wearing Rose Platine. It's a knockout. It's not a "look at me" shade. It's a "look at her eyes" shade. It has just enough star power to add definition and a neutral shade that flatters my eye color. It's love!

It's hard to wax poetic about an eyeliner. How much can one say? This one's extremely pretty and worthy of a look-see. You can find it at any Chanel counter. I bought mine at Neiman Marcus.

Photos by BTiB