Friday, April 15, 2011

The Friday Forum - April 15

The Virginia Bluebells are blooming, lending their beautiful blue nodding heads to the garden. I think they are lovely, particularly surrounded by yellow and white daffodils.

Yesterday afternoon, Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria was hopping with beauty lovers as InCircle started. I don't go for the credit card points; they don't matter to me. I go for all the nice people. Everyone from national makeup artists to regional account executives was there for InCircle. Yesterday was opening day, but the guest stars will continue to appear this weekend. One of my favorites, Rhona Samuels from Giorgio Armani Beauty, was at the Armani counter working her magic. Tina Horwitz was there working with Rhona. She's another favorite. They were showing off the Armani elegance, looking great themselves. I enjoy watching them.

What did I purchase this week? Bobbi Brown, M·A·C (yes me!), Le Métier de Beauté, fragrances galore - and more. If you want to explore Ormonde Jayne, they are offering free worldwide shipping right now. That's a deal! Use code EASTER at checkout until April 24. Gaia urged me to try some of the company's florals, so I ordered three. Free shipping from London saves a lot of money! Naturally, I hopped onto Sephora online and ordered for the VIB sale. I can't resist a discount.

This weekend, I'll start telling you about all the new goodies I purchased. For now? More American Idol commentary. I confessed that I had been watching this year, compelled by a need to sit still now and then. I was disappointed that Paul McDonald was eliminated. I loved his Rod Stewart style and big smile. I now understand the dynamics of the voting (teenage girls who are willing to text repeatedly), but I disagree with their choices. Heavy metal screamer James, off-and-on vocalist Stefano, and one-track country boy Scotty are not the best singers on the stage. This week, I was also disappointed by the judges, whose comments continue to confound me. Were you watching Wednesday when they announced that People had named Jennifer Lopez the most beautiful woman in America?

It's time for The Friday Forum. We use the forum to share information and chat. Did you find any deals you couldn't resist this week? Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Do you have a question others might be able to answer? Want to talk about skin care? What's new in your life? Just use the comments. Don't be shy. Just make sure to ask any question you might have over the weekend. By Monday, most readers have moved on.

I have a dynamite giveaway contest going, thanks to the beautiful Rozz, J. Don't forget to enter here to win the FBR Cosmetics lip gloss of your choice. The deadline is tomorrow at midnight. If you win, you will love your new gloss. Take my word for it!

Photo courtesy of sierrapotomac.org