Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dior 5 Colours Lift Wide-Eyed & Radiant Effect Serum-Enriched Primer & Eyeshadows

It's always a dilemma. Use the French name or the English one? Today, I chose to use the English name: Dior 5 Colours Lift Wide-Eyed & Radiant Effect Serum-Enriched Primer and Eyeshadows ($60).

Isn't that a mouthful? With the new 5 Colours Lift, Dior promises skin care in our makeup.

There are four new Dior 5 Colours Lift palettes at Neiman Marcus. They were so gorgeous, I purchased three of them! I'll be featuring all three, but I wanted to show you one today. I bought them last week - the second they arrived. Pretty soon, they are going to start calling me the telephone stalker. When I know something is on the way, I check every day - even when they aren't expecting a shipment.

The new 5 Colours Lift palettes have a unique twist. They are the first palettes of revitalizing, radiance-boosting, treatment-based shadows by Dior. The palettes bring together a new generation of luminous pigments and eye-care serum powders. The Lift&Glow (no spaces in the trademarked name) bring together shadow and base formulas with a soft, blendable texture to smooth and even skin tone. Every item in the palettes blends like a dream. They are all creamy - even the powders seem creamy to me.

Our quick and easy radiance boost for the eyes comes courtesy of five products.
  • A smoothing Lift Base, infused with skin-care ingredients, that you apply with your fingertips, gently sweeping over the eyelid and into the crease
  • The color Serum Shadow, which you apply to the lid, starting at the inner corner and moving outward
  • The contouring Serum Shadow for the outer corner of the lid and the crease
  • The Radiance-Boosting Shadow to be applied with a light touch to the brow bone
  • The Liner & Brow Structuring Touch with adjustable intensity to use as a liner and brow color
The quint shown here is #042, Lifting Grey. It's the hardest one to photograph because the colors are so light on the skin, but it's a charmer for everyday wear. Clockwise, starting at upper left above, my photo shows the Serum Shadow, Radiance-Boosting Shadow, Liner & Brow Structuring Touch, and Contouring Serum Shadow. The Lift Base primer is in the center. Directions come in every box in case you need a reminder of what's what, and there is a printed, clear plastic overlay that labels each shade.

All of the shades appear to be darker in the compact than they are on my skin. I applied each for the swatch photo with a sponge-tipped applicator, and I took my photo in full, morning sun. The Serum Eyeshadow color is a shimmering grey - so useful! The Radiance-Boosting Shadow is a light pink. I would use it anywhere, not just on the brow bone. The cream liner/brow shade is a nice brown for blonds. Want more color? Simply apply more. The Contouring Serum Shadow is charcoal. The cream Lift Base primer is a very light, matte pink.

I love the texture of all five colors. They apply like a dream with a regular shadow brush or a cream shadow brush. The shades of #042 are subtle - perfect for those who don't want daytime drama. I can't wait to show you the other two palettes I purchased. I just need time and sun to get swatch photos. One is Lifting Ivory, and the other is Lifting Rose. There is a much darker palette with amber shades that I didn't purchase. I'll tell you more about the ingredients in my next feature.

You can find the Dior 5 Colours Lift Wide-Eyed & Radiant Effect Serum-Enriched Primer & Eyeshadows at Neiman Marcus. I scouted the counters for them a week ago, and they weren't in stock at other stores. Maybe all the Dior counters have them now, and I'm sure they will get them.

Photos by BTiB