Friday, January 28, 2011

The Friday Forum - January 28

It's snowing again - right now - real snow, not just the flurries that were in our forecast. I think Tian Tian may have been the only one who thought this week's snow storm was a blast.

Our 6-10" snowfall paralyzed the area. A confluence of factors - everyone trying to get out of DC at the same time just as the snow started to come down at two inches an hour, no traffic control, trees falling everywhere, no plows, and abandoned vehicles as the night wore on - left people stranded in their cars, hundreds all night long. One of my friends was in her car for 12 hours trying to get home. My mother lost her power for a day and a half. I had to get someone to shovel me out of my house so I could go to my physical therapy session yesterday. While its size was dwarfed by last year's storms, this snow storm did a lot of damage - and continues to cause many problems. Now it's snowing again. Snow, go away!

Physical therapy is going well. Each week, with help from my therapist (the only guy I know who gets paid to torture people), I was able to bend my knee to 108 degrees. Progress! Next week, I'm going to try to work from home a few hours a day. I am starting to get bored - a true sign of recovery. How do I ward off the boredom? I shop by phone and online. That's not good for my bank account, but it's so much fun. I find myself trolling my favorite Web sites every day. I look forward to the arrival of my USP guy. I'll have things to show you for a few weeks.

It's time for The Friday Forum. We use the forum to share information and chat. Did you find any deals you couldn't resist this week? Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Do you have a question others might be able to answer? Want to talk about skin care? Just use the comments. Don't be shy. Just make sure to ask any question you might have over the weekend. By Monday, most readers have moved on.

We have busy weekends and slow ones on the forum. I'm always happy if even one reader stops by. Leave a comment, and say hello - even if you don't want to comment on beauty products. If I am notified of any great beauty offers (great, not just good) over the weekend, I will leave word in the comments of this post.

Don't forget that there are two Best Things in Beauty giveaway contests underway, and both end at midnight Saturday: a Giorgio Armani Beauty Palette and a $50 Apothica gift card. Have you entered?

Thanks for reading Best Things in Beauty! Got anything you want to talk about?

Photo courtesy of photoblog.msnbc.com, taken by Mehgan Murphy/Smithsonian National Zoological Park