Thursday, January 27, 2011

Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm

Clinique's new Chubby Sticks are fabulous! A friend who knows me really well gave me one for Christmas. I love it! Now I want more Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balms ($15)! The price is right too - I can have more without overbuying guilt.

These super-nourishing balm sticks are loaded with mango and shea butters. Just what my dry, delicate lips need to feel comfortably soft and smooth. There are eight natural-looking lip colors, each with a subtle sheen. I've checked out the colors I don't have on the Clinique Web site, and I think I need several more. I'm also hoping Clinique adds to the line with more colors as the popularity of the Chubby Sticks grows.

The color my friend gave me is #06 Woppin' Watermelon. While it looks dark in the swatch on the Web site, it's a pretty light pink on my lips. You can see in my swatch photo at right how sheer the color is. My photo was taken indoors in direct light.

The application is quick and easy. The creamy, thick pencil glides across my lips with no drag, leaving color and moisture behind. There is no taste, and there is no discernible fragrance - just a pretty, natural tint that's flattering - and looks like my own.

I want to see Graped Up and Super Strawberry next. There's no question I will get more Chubby Sticks!

You can find Clinique's Chubby Sticks at Clinique counters everywhere and at Clinique's Web site.

Photo at top courtesy of Clinique