Friday, January 21, 2011

The Friday Forum - January 21

My constant companion, Charlie, spends a lot of time in bed with me as I enjoy my Polar Care machine, which pumps ice water into a knee wrap. Whoever invented the machine should get a prize, awarded by knee surgery patients! While I had to roll my arm around Charlie and hope for the best when I snapped the photo, it's not too awful - just a little dark.

This was a week of progress. I was able to bend my knee to 88 degrees in physical therapy yesterday (not without some agony, but still...). The goal is 90 degrees by next Tuesday, and that goal is in sight. I was pleased. I ran out of one of my loopy pills last night, so I'm trying to see how I do without them. So far, the jury's out on that.

I have been more active around the house, and I am eating more. My appetite is returning, although I am such a picky eater. I want things just so, and I am craving things I can't have. A friend called earlier and said she was going to the mall. She's going to call me when she goes to lunch to give me my options. I look forward to such treats!

It's time for The Friday Forum. We use the forum to share information and chat. Did you find any deals you couldn't resist this week (I did)? Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Do you have a question others might be able to answer? Want to talk about skin care? Just use the comments. Don't be shy. Just make sure to ask any question you might have over the weekend. By Monday, most readers have moved on.

We have busy weekends and slow ones on the forum. I'm always happy if even one reader stops by. Leave a comment, and say hello - even if you don't want to comment on beauty products. If I am notified of any great beauty offers (great, not just good) over the weekend, I will leave word in the comments of this post.

Thanks for reading Best Things in Beauty! Got anything you want to talk about?