Sunday, November 14, 2010

Verizon Continues to Disappoint

Just a quick note. Since late last week, when Verizon apparently installed what it considered new, improved spam detection, it has been blocking e-mails to me from my own blog (your comments) and my daily feed. If you have Verizon e-mail, you probably did not receive my e-mail feed today, although if you collect spam messages in your Verizon spam detector box (not your e-mail client), you will find it there.

I spent three hours on the phone with tech support (you will note the lower case) yesterday, and I was owed an escalation call today that never came. Why am I not surprised?

If you have Verizon e-mail, it's best not to call tech support. You will spend endless amounts of time trying to explain to someone who knows less than you do that they are suddenly flagging e-mails as spam that are not spam. If you go to Verizon Central, you will find that you can e-mail Support. Tell them that you are not receiving legit e-mails.

I partially fixed my own problem temporarily today by setting up the e-mail of my messages (no-reply+feedproxy@google.com) as a "contact" in Verizon Central e-mail. You can do that too. In the meantime, about all I can suggest is that you set up a Gmail account. The service is much better at detecting real spam, and you will get the e-mails you wish to get.

Update late evening 11/15: They still have not returned my escalation call.