Friday, November 19, 2010

The Friday Forum - November 19

Isn't Stella cute? My call for pet photos got us this darling photo of Stella, courtesy of Lisa. You can click on Stella's photo to enlarge it. Stella the boxer sleeps all curled up like a cat. Isn't she darling? Lisa says Stella weighs 50 pounds and is as good an escape artist as Charlie.

Stella managed to escape from her all-metal kennel! She used her mouth to pull the bottom of the metal kennel up about two inches and then somehow squeezed herself through to escape while her family was at a baseball game. Luckily she is not a chewer and didn't destroy anything in the house when she was on the lam (She didn't have time - I'll bet that escape took hours!). It was all about sleeping on the sofa, the brass ring for Stella! Looks like she proved herself and now sleeps on the sofa whenever she wants.

Charlie has been "grounded" all week while I have waited for the handyman to come back - yet again - to replace another porch screen panel. He's not a happy boy. Ever try to relax after work with a mouthy cat screaming "with urgency" that he needs to go to the porch to look for mice?

I haven't been able to get swatch photos all week, and I ran through last weekend's photos by Tuesday. It's getting dark so early. By the time I get home from work, there's no sunlight left to grab. This will be a busy weekend as I overwork my left arm. I have plenty to show you. I'm also excited about the pending arrival of the new Edward Bess colors. They are going to ring them for me at Bergdorf Goodman when the gift card event starts next weekend so that I'll get a $25 discount. You might want to call now if you are interested. Give Susan or Jennifer a call at (212) 872-8826.

Tonight, I'm going to pop in on a Jo Malone event (cocktails, nibbles, good company, and fragrance) at Neiman Marcus at Tysons Galleria. The event starts at 6:00, and DC-area gals are welcome to join me there. If you can't go, there will be another opportunity in December. If you are interested, please call the Jo Malone counter at (703) 761-1600 to tell them you are coming.

It's time for The Friday Forum. We use the forum to share information and chat. Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Do you have a question others might be able to answer? Want to talk about skin care? Just use the comments. Don't be shy. Just make sure to ask any question you might have over the weekend. By Monday, most readers have moved on.

We have busy weekends and slow ones on the forum. I'm always happy if even one reader stops by. Leave a comment, and say hello - even if you don't want to comment on beauty products. As I always do, I'll leave news of some great beauty offers (great, not just good) in the comments of this post. If you want to know where to find nice gifts with purchase, free shipping, and other deals this weekend, make sure to check the comments.

Thanks for reading Best Things in Beauty! Got anything you want to talk about? Want to send a cute pet photo?

Photo courtesy of Lisa