Sunday, August 22, 2010

Weekend Ramblings

I have a lot to write this week, and I'll get started on it later today. Here's what's strolling through my mind at 7:00 am Sunday.
  • Yesterday's Bobbi Brown Master Class at Nordstrom was a blast. I will write up a story on it later today.
  • Last night, I attended a murder mystery party based on Clue. I played Mrs. Peacock (the murderer). The "real quote" below describes my general state of cluelessness about Clue. What makeup was Mrs. Peacock wearing? Chantecaille Tiger in the Wild! It was the first time I left the house wearing the indigo shade as eyeliner. I loved it!
  • Mrs. Peacock: Well, someone's got to break the ice, and it might as well be me. I mean, I'm used to being a hostess, it's part of my husband's work. And it's always difficult when a group of new friends meet together for the first time, to get acquainted. So I'm perfectly prepared to start the ball rolling. I mean, I-I have absolutely no idea what we're doing here. Or what I'm doing here, or what this place is about, but I am determined to enjoy myself. And I'm very intrigued, and, oh my, this soup's delicious, isn't it?
  • We still don't have a definitive answer to "smokey" vs. "smoky," but my research is pointing toward an industry preference for "smoky" - not the fan favorite "smokey." We haven't tackled "grey" vs "gray" yet. Sounds like a courtroom drama!
  • The new Allure arrived yesterday - on my doorstep, which means a kind neighbor delivered it after it was left at the incorrect house. Why can't the Postal Service deliver mail reliably?
  • Also, why can't the Postal Service bring my fall Sephora catalog? Have you received yours? I wonder who has mine!
  • I was smitten this weekend with a gorgeous pair of earrings. I'm sure they had my name on them. The delicate diamonds framing blue tourmalines left me with the I-wants. They were only one of the many things I coveted at the International Gem and Jewelry Show. I really need to win the lottery.
  • Yesterday, while at Nordstrom, I saw a woman in a racerback tank top with a racerback bra under it. Apparently she gave no thought to the visibility of most of the bra (not just the straps). I wonder if her mirror broke. It wasn't a pretty, lacy, bra - the kind you might mistake for today's streetwear. It was a utilitarian bra. She was old enough to know better and young enough to care. Amazing! Would you go shopping like that?
What have you been up to this weekend?

Photo courtesy of Wikipedia