Friday, August 6, 2010

The Friday Forum - August 6

Last week, you saved The Friday Forum from demise. Thanks for all your comments! I loved the discussion.

This has been an eventful week! To cap it off, yesterday afternoon, the DC area was hit with a line of thunderstorms that did amazing damage. Crazy, but I always feel for the trees that can't withstand Mother Nature's fury - majestic old trees, fallen by a 15-minute blast of wind. I worry about the birds who are hunkered down in whatever shelter they can find. I worry about the pets who have been left outside. I worry about lightening strikes. Can you tell I have an anxious nature? It's calm this morning as I write, and I hope it stays that way. I'm lucky. I have power and no damage (other than last week's damaged screened porch panel - anyone local know a good carpenter? Charlie is willing to pay overtime rates so he can go back "outside.").

There is so much new makeup to cover for fall! I tried this week, neglecting skin care, but only managed to show you a small selection of what's available from some of my favorite companies. Armani Beauty's Night Viper has something for everyone; Chantecaille continues to amaze me with their artistry and generosity to charities at the top of my list; Tarte has shown us the way to a bronze smokey eye for fall; and I'm now officially hoarding YSL Beauty's new Rouge Volupté Perle lipstick in #104. I bought my second one yesterday. Now I can have one in my purse and one in my bathroom. I did manage to get to hair care, with Rahua Beauty's Shampoo - a new favorite at my house. It has gone on my must-never-be-without list.

For those of you who are new to The Friday Forum, the purpose has always been to share information. Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Tell us about it! Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Tell us why! Do you have questions others might be able to answer? We can help! Want to talk about skin care? I'm game! Just want to chat? Use the comments. Don't be shy! We have busy weekends and slow ones on the forum. Some are "really slow." Fortunately, just as I was ready to pull the plug, you wonderful readers came through with a great discussion last week!

As usual, I will share the best beauty bits (noteworthy sales and special offers) with you over the weekend. I'll put them in the comments. I can't post every deal that comes my way, or the blog would look like Advertising Central. I do try to write posts when a deal is particularly fabulous and lasts a few days.

Don't forget to enter the giveaway contest for an Armani Beauty Lip Shimmer. I have two to give away, courtesy of the Armani Beauty Team at Saks in Chevy Chase, Maryland. The deadline is tomorrow night, August 7, at midnight. The winners will be selected at random.

Thanks for reading Best Things in Beauty! Got anything you want to talk about?