Friday, August 20, 2010

The Friday Forum - August 20

Hosta Plantaginea, "Royal Standard," a fragrant hosta I planted next to my porch many years ago, is divine. I sit on the screened-in porch in August and inhale the sweet, floral scent. Someone should package it! I love having white flowers in my garden this time of year. They are so cooling and look fabulous at dusk when they light up the garden.

Enough about the garden - let's turn to beauty. For those of you who are new to The Friday Forum, the purpose has always been to share information. Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Tell us about it! Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Tell us why! Do you have questions others might be able to answer? We can help! Want to talk about skin care? I'm game! Just want to chat? Use the comments. Don't be shy! We have busy weekends and slow ones on the forum. Some are "really slow." No matter, I'm happy if even one reader stops by.

This week, I had a major blogger dilemma over the spelling of the "smokey eye." Using the "e" in "smokey" seems like a natural to me, but some in the industry use "smoky" in their product names and descriptions. That sounds like "smocky" to me. You guessed it: I'm a Virgo. We get obsessed over little details (and we are horribly embarrassed every time we forget to spell check our features).

I will share the best beauty bits (noteworthy sales and special offers) with you over the weekend. I'll put them in the comments.

Don't forget to enter the giveaway contest for the fabulous Tarte Femme Natural Eye Shadow Palette. The deadline is tomorrow night, August 21, at midnight.

Thanks for reading Best Things in Beauty! Got anything you want to talk about?

Photo from my garden