Friday, July 30, 2010

Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia

Yes, it's as exciting as it sounds! I'm wearing Jo Malone's new English Pear & Freesia Cologne, even though it's not due to be introduced until September.

They had a bottle on display at Saks at Chevy Chase, Maryland. After I sprayed it all over my arm, I swooned. I told Loyd Cassler "I have to have it - now. I need this. I love this." It was nowhere to be sold! He assured me he would get his hands on it as fast as possible. The Jo Malone rep was not there to explain to us why the bottle was out for testing, but there was no product to sell. It was such a tease!

Jo Malone's new fragrance is said to marry poetry and perfume because it was inspired by the ode “To Autumn” by John Keats. It's a fruity floral and as pretty as it gets.

Upon first spray, there's a burst of King William Pear in its top notes. White freesia (always one of the most fragrant flowers in a bouquet) is among the scent’s heart notes. Amazingly, its dry-down includes patchouli, white amber, and musk. I don't smell the patchouli, which I normally despise. Strange, huh? I do smell the musk.

I can't wait to get my own bottle!

Update 7/31: Saks says "very soon." I'm now on their waiting list.

Photo courtesy of WWD