Sunday, July 18, 2010

Burberry Beauty Lip Cover Soft Satin Lipstick

I hate approach-avoidance conflicts, and they occur with makeup all the time. I'm having one with my new Burberry Beauty Lip Cover Soft Satin Lipstick ($30) in Dusty Rose. The color is drop-dead stunning. I love it. Unfortunately, the lipstick is highly fragranced. I hate highly fragranced lip products.

I had ordered Dusty Rose after browsing the little swatches at Nordstrom's Web site. Although I had only ordered one shade, I had every intention of ordering more...Rosewood, Tea Rose...so many tempted me.

My arm photo at right shows how pretty this shade is. As soon as it arrived, I put it on and admired my lips! Almost immediately, I realized that Burberry chose to add a fragrance to the lipstick - a lot of fragrance. I won't be ordering Rosewood, Tea Rose, or any other shade. It's just too perfumey for me. What a shame!

There's another weird thing about the lipstick: its case. The slightly magnetic square case goes on only one way, so I have fiddled with it each time I've used it to get the top back on. Too hard.

I adore the Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow ($29). There are so many great shades I want. I think the line has much to love. I wish I could love the lipstick. What about you? Are you OK with fragrance in your lip products?

Photo at top left courtesy of Burberry Beauty