Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sephora's 500-Point Perk from Tarte Cosmetics

Finally, a freebie from Sephora I wanted! I have been piling up points for many months, as my choices of 100-point rewards were dismal.

Now you can trade in 500 points for a very nice sampler from Tarte Cosmetics!

The selection is good-for-you glamour with Tarte's "The Insider Collection," an exclusive seven-piece sampler set stocked with Tarte bestsellers: Vitamin-Infused Lipgloss in Apple-a-Day, Lifted Natural Eye Primer with Firmitol, Clean Slate Primer, Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara. Lights, Camera, Splashes! Waterproof Mascara, Lash Hugger Mascara, and EmphasEYES High Definition Eye Pencil.

I haven't tried it all yet, but so far I love the Vitamin-Infused Lip Gloss and the EmphasEYES High Definition Eye Pencil. I found the Lifted Natural Eye Primer with Firmitol to work wonderfully under powder eye shadows, but I haven't mastered the application under cream shadows. It creates an uneven surface for my favorite Dior cream shadow. Yesterday, I wore the Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara. I could tell that the deluxe sample size wasn't filled well because the wand was only product-laden at the tip. So I had to work to apply it. Once I finished, though, I had long lashes that still looked good 15 hour later. I'll bet the full-sized mascara is great.

Want a nice Tarte sampler? All you have to do is spend money! When it's for beauty products, how hard is that?

Photo courtesy of Sephora