Friday, March 26, 2010

The Friday Forum - March 26

TGIF! This week has been long enough, thank you!

Last night, I went through the rather long list of people I was following on Twitter and "unfollowed" some of them. It was just one of those days when I couldn't read everything I wanted to read (and my ribs still hurt!). Then, after unfollowing, I realized I might have unfollowed some of you - my readers, some of the best people in my world! If I did that, I will blame it on the beer and Pepperidge Farm Goldfish I ate for dinner (that's another story). So please e-mail me and let me know. I'll follow again "in the light of day." I don't want to miss your news, joy, announcements, and must-haves.

Twitter continues to interest me - from many standpoints. From a sociological perspective, it's an interesting community, marketplace, and alternative universe. There are even cliques, which may simply be an indicator that many tweetie birds are very young or high school never ends. From a beauty lover's perspective, it's a great way to find out about new products, special offers, contests, and "what's happening." I really enjoy it. If I didn't have to go to my "real universe" every day to work, I could stay home with the kitties, read, and write.

Don't forget that our Armani Beauty Maestro Mascara Giveaway Contest ends tomorrow night. I have more great contests to announce - the next one later today. Next week, we have a dynamite flat iron giveaway coming up, along with more new makeup. My thanks to everyone who enters!

You know The Friday Forum by now. The forum is devoted to what you have to say about anything related to beauty - or anything else you want/need to talk about. Let's chat! Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Tell us about it! Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Tell us why! Do you have questions others might be able to answer? We can help! Want to talk about skin care? I'm game! Just use the comments. We have busy weekends and slow ones on the forum. Either way, I always enjoy hearing from you.

As usual, I will share beauty bits with you over the weekend. I'll put them in the comments, so check for free shipping offers and other treats from beauty companies.

I do have a question for you. Do you like the Weekend Roundups Kari at Fabulous Over Forty and I have been publishing? Do you get the chance to go off and read the beauty blogs we enjoyed during the week? We want to make the roundup a permanent feature, and I would love to have your feedback.

The microphone is yours!

Photo courtesy of pictures.sc