Sunday, September 19, 2010

Tried and True: Giorgio Armani Beauty Sheer Blush #10

Barbara asked me to write about makeup that has stood the test of time, my tried-and-true products, the ones I reach for day after day. I said, "Sure!" Then I decided that Tried and True was too long for a single post, but might make a fun series. So, today, I'm inaugurating Tried and True by featuring a product I wear every week, no matter what other blushes I might be testing. I must own hundreds of blushers. I wear this one at some point every week.

The honor goes to Giorgio Armani Beauty's Sheer Blush ($43) in #10. The first thing I have to tell you about Sheer Blush #10 is that Loyd Cassler, Armani manager at Saks in Chevy Chase and makeup artist extraordinaire, uses it on almost everyone, no matter what their skin color or tone. It takes on a different character, depending on your skin. On some, it's quite pink; on others, it's more peach. It lights up the cheekbones of chocolate-skinned women. It is undoubtedly one of the most flexible (and fabulous) blush shades I have ever seen - or worn.

Here is what Giorgio Armani Beauty has to say about Sheer Blush, which is available in six shades, five of which I own.

This extremely soft and light, sheer blush enhances the complexion with a flush of natural color. It sculpts the face delicately and naturally, leaving cheeks with a warm, radiant glow.
  • Soft, lightweight texture
  • Sheer, natural color
  • Universal range of shades
To apply, use the blush brush to sweep over the cheekbones to add a natural flush or to contour and sculpt cheekbones in a circular movement.

Sheer Blush #10 is shown on my arm at right. You see a very soft, almost imperceptible shimmer, but mostly a warm peach-pink and sheer glow. I applied the shade heavily to my arm so that you could see the color well in the photo. This is how it looks on me. I can't predict how it will look on you. I just know from watching Loyd that everyone can wear it. I bought it the moment it was introduced, and I keep buying it. The compact photo above was taken of an used spare. I hoard products I don't ever want to lose. I probably shouldn't worry about #10 because it's a best seller, but you can never be too careful when you're a makeup addict.

I reach for this blush no matter what I am wearing on the rest of my face, and no matter what clothing I may have selected for the day. It works with everything. It has earned a permanent place among the makeup products I keep close at hand. Have you tried it?

Please let me know what you think of Tried and True. I know Barbara wanted to know more about my stand-by makeup. Do you?

Photos by BTiB