Friday, May 6, 2011

The Friday Forum - May 6

It was almost impossible to grab a crisp azalea photo this week, with the wind blowing the branches up and down continuously. They wouldn't sit still! No matter...you can see the color I've been celebrating with the earliest bloomers among my Satsuki azaleas.

This has been a hectic week. Sometimes, my phone rings so often at work that I can't get any "real work" done. I'm not complaining - I enjoy helping others. It's a good thing that many days I come home from work to find a box with a goodie or two at my door. It picks me right up from the fatigue. Yesterday, there were Chantecaille beauties. Right now, there is a beautiful gift with any $200 purchase at Chantecaille's Web site: a full-sized Papillon Veil Poudre Délicate. I love it!

This weekend will be fun, with one beauty event and some shopping too. I need to get swatch photos on Saturday before the sun disappears for the weekend again. I will also be selecting a new camera. My SLR was fabulous in its day, but it's not digital. I need to replace the digital Sony I have been using with a DSLR. I've narrowed the field to two. Now I think I need to hold them both in my hands to decide - something I haven't had the time to do recently. I have small hands and a thin frame that complains if I carry around much extra weight, so the camera must have the excellent optics of my old Pentax SLR, but in a lightweight body. The new camera will be with me for many years.

Can you even believe it's time for The Friday Forum? We use the forum to share information and chat. Did you find any deals you couldn't resist this week? Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Do you have a question others might be able to answer? Want to talk about skin care? What's new in your life? Just use the comments. Don't be shy. Just make sure to ask any question you might have over the weekend. By Monday, most readers have moved on.

Don't forget that there are two current giveaway contests! The first is for a Sephora eyeliner set, The Hot 10 Nano Eyeliner Set. The second is an incredibly generous sponsored contest from AVEENO and Recyclebank for two beauty sets - one for mom and one for baby! Both contests end tomorrow night, Saturday, May 7, at midnight. Make sure to enter before then. If you don't enter, you can't win!

What did you see this week that grabbed your eyes? Is there anything you've been waiting for me to feature?