Friday, October 29, 2010

The Friday Forum - October 29

Halloween gives us an opportunity to use makeup to become an entirely new person - a creative expression of the abnormal, bizarre, or even beautiful. M∙A∙C excels when it comes to providing ideas and the theatrical shades you'll need to create your own fantasy. The photo here came from a M∙A∙C look for Halloween, published a few years ago. Becoming Hibiscus Woman is Halloween fun I could enjoy!

As I look back, I'm not sure why this week was crazy-busy. There's a lot going on at my house. I still haven't been able to get Charlie's screened porch fixed, so he's become insufferable as he walks around bemoaning the fact that he's grounded to the confines of a house without birds, squirrels, and mice to watch. I'm trying to clean in my spare time, and there's precious little of that. Work has been frantic-busy, distinguished from normal-busy by my Type A desire to have no backlogs. This will be a welcome weekend for rest. I'm looking forward to getting blog photos too, since my daylight hours after work are waning, soon to disappear entirely.

It's still Friday, though, so it's time for The Friday Forum. We use the forum to share information and chat. Are you using a fabulous product and want to sing its praises? Did you find a beauty product disappointing? Do you have a question others might be able to answer? Want to talk about skin care? Just use the comments. Don't be shy. Just make sure to ask any question you might have over the weekend. By Monday, most readers have moved on.

We have busy weekends and slow ones on the forum. Last week, we had a great exchange. I'm always happy if even one reader stops by. Leave a comment, and say hello - even if you don't want to comment on beauty products. As I always do, I'll leave news of some great beauty offers (great, not just good) in the comments of this post. If you want to know where to find nice gifts with purchase, free shipping, and other deals this weekend, make sure to check the comments.

Thanks for reading Best Things in Beauty! Got anything you want to talk about? Are you dressing up for a Halloween party?

P.S. I got an unsubscribe notice today - not unusual. I never know why people subscribe or unsubscribe. I'd love to know if I'm doing something that doesn't capture your interest - ever. Fortunately, I get more subscription hello's than bye-bye's. By the way, you have to verify your e-mail subscription with Google. If you sign up, the link Google will send you is legit. Click on it, and you will be verified. Even though it's an extra step, it's for everyone's protection. An amazing number of people subscribe, but never verify (small, but still amazing to me). I assume those subscribers never get my e-mails because they didn't verify.