Friday, September 17, 2010

Rouge Dior Haute Couleur Voluptuous Care Lipstick

Dior has matched its 32 new lipstick shades with vintage Dior gowns, and the results are stunning. I stood at the display at Neiman Marcus at Mazza Gallerie and selected two - just two - shades with Risa Levenson. Had I felt rich, I could have selected 10!

Rouge Dior Haute Couleur Voluptuous Shine Lipstick ($30) is an ultra-nourishing, long-wearing formula, available in every color of the lipstick spectrum. This extraordinary lipstick does what most long-wearing lip colors do not. It dresses your lips in voluptuous color, while simultaneously providing definition, moisture, and nourishment. It feels good!

Dior's studies showed that 89% of women who tried it had more hydrated lips, and 96% reported more precisely defined lip lines. I assume that the latter finding results from the high level of pigment in the shades. They are intense without being opaque - if that makes sense. There's gloss to the color.

Each lipstick is luxuriously packaged in the House of Dior's signature Cannage pattern, with a jeweled Christian Dior emblem. The design meets my expectations for presentation of a luxury product.

I played with the shades at the counter, even taking my swatched hand and wrist over to the windows to ensure that the colors I saw in the store's lighting were true. I love both of the shades I purchased.

Shown at left are #551, Pink Cocotte, at top and #678, Devilish Pink, below. Both are clearly pink, one warm and one cool. Now I want more! I've got my eyes on about three of them - another reason to visit Mazza this weekend, don't you think?

You can see many of these gorgeous lip colors at Sephora. You can see them all at Neiman Marcus. I don't know why I can't find them at the Neiman Marcus Web site; they are in the stores!

Photos at top courtesy of Sephora